Fire alarm, neighbors save man’s life


A 56-year-old man was taken to the hospital in serious condition following an apartment fire in Ewa Sunday night.

A neighbor at the Palm Court townhouse complex on Puaniu Street called the fire department just before 9 p.m. when a smoke alarm was making noise, and smoke was coming from the neighbors window.

Fire crews got to the scene shortly after the call.

Fire officials say they had to force their way in, then take the overcooked food off the stove.

When firefighters searched the apartment a man was sleeping.

Officials say the man was overwhelmed by smoke and had hard time breathing. Paramedics then rushed him tot he hospital.

The man was the only one in the apartment at the time.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s