Bakery inside Safeway in Lahaina evacuated after fire

Maui Fire Department
Maui Fire Department

Maui fire officials say it happened just before 8:30 Saturday morning after several reports of “lots of smoke” was seen coming from the Lahaina Safeway bakery.

Firefighters who arrived on scene say the smoke was coming from the bakery’s exterior exhaust vent system.

Officials say no flames were visible in the bakery but there was a smoldering fire in the exhaust vent above the oven.

They say, everyone inside the store was evacuated.

They were all let back in at 9:28 a.m.

The fire was contained within the vent system and no monetary damages or injuries were reported.

Officials say the cause of the fire was accidental due to the grease build up in the vent catching fire.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s