Big Island firefighters put out house fire in Honokaa

Hawaii County Fire Department Logo

Hawaii Island firefighters responded to a house fire in Honokaa on Wednesday.

The incident happened at just before 6 p.m. on Paauilo Hui Loop near Hawaii Belt Road.

According to officials, a home was fully engulfed by flames when firefighters arrived on the scene. Two residents evacuated and were displaced from this fire.

Firefighters extinguished the fire at 9 p.m.

No injuries were reported.

Officials say the cause of the fire was accidental propane gas ignition.

The total damage is estimated about $275,000.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s