Fire destroys home in Pearl City, 15 people displaced

HFD

The Honolulu Fire department was called to a two-story house fire in Pearl City Saturday.

The incident happened at about 10 p.m. on Lehua Avenue.

Authorities say a young man who was the only one home at the time, smelled smoke and ran across the street to the Pearl City fire station to get help.

According to officials, the fire started in an upstairs bedroom and may was caused by an unattended candle.

No injuries were reported.

Officials believe the home was being rented by two different families, one family lived upstairs and another lives downstairs.

The American Red Cross is assisting 15 people who were displaced from the fire.

Total damage is estimated at $200,000.

 

 

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s