The Honolulu Fire department was called to a two-story house fire in Pearl City Saturday.
The incident happened at about 10 p.m. on Lehua Avenue.
Authorities say a young man who was the only one home at the time, smelled smoke and ran across the street to the Pearl City fire station to get help.
According to officials, the fire started in an upstairs bedroom and may was caused by an unattended candle.
No injuries were reported.
Officials believe the home was being rented by two different families, one family lived upstairs and another lives downstairs.
The American Red Cross is assisting 15 people who were displaced from the fire.
Total damage is estimated at $200,000.