Independence Day is a federal holiday. Here’s a list of what will be open and closed:
City and County of Honolulu
- City and County of Honolulu offices will be closed.
- Emergency ambulance, fire, lifeguard and police services are available.
- Refuse will be collected. Landfills and transfer stations will be open.
- Municipal golf courses, botanical gardens, and the Honolulu Zoo will be open.
- TheBus will operate on a Sunday schedule. Click here for route and schedule information.
- The People’s Open Markets will not be held.
- The Neal S. Blaisdell Center box office will be closed.
- All Satellite City Halls and Driver’s License locations will be closed.
- On-street parking will be free, except for meters on Kalakaua Ave. along Queen Kapiolani Park and metered parking lots.
- Contraflow traffic lanes will not be coned.
- County of Kauai offices will be closed.
- All refuse transfer stations, HI-5 bottle redemption centers and Kekaha Landfill will be closed.
- Kauai Resource Center, Puhi Metals Recycling Center and the Kapaa and Waimea swimming pools will be closed.
- Kauai Bus will operate on a modified schedule. Click here for more information.
- Residential refuse pick-up will continue as scheduled.