The Honolulu Authority for Rapid Transportation (HART) wants to inform drivers of lane closures next week related to design work for the Honolulu rail transit project.
Motorists are advised of work in the Pearl Harbor, airport and urban Honolulu areas that will require lane closures during non-peak traffic hours.
For the safety of both the work crews and motorists, the public is advised to proceed with caution through these areas.
Drivers should anticipate possible traffic delays or use alternate routes during work hours, and provide a safe distance between themselves and the workers and equipment.
Lane closures will take place at the following locations from Monday, July 22 to Friday, July 26, between 8:30 a.m. and 3 p.m.:
- Left lane of Kamehameha Highway between Radford Drive and Arizona Street in the east-bound direction
- Kamehameha Highway between Center Drive and Valkenburgh Street in the west-bound direction
- Left lane of Kamehameha Highway heading west-bound from Nimitz Highway to the H-1 Freeway
Moving lane closures will take place at the following locations from Monday, July 22 to Friday, July 26, between 8 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.:
- Dillingham Boulevard between Middle Street and Kaaahi Street
- Halekauwila Street between Keawe Street and Ward Avenue.
For updates on work days and times, visit the project website at www.honolulutransit.org or call at (808) 566-2299.