[lin_video src=http://eplayer.clipsyndicate.com/embed/player.js?aspect_ratio=3x2&auto_next=1&auto_start=0&div_id=videoplayer-1374635493&height=510&page_count=5&pf_id=9619&show_title=1&va_id=4160290&width=680&windows=2 service=syndicaster width=680 height=510 div_id=videoplayer-1374635493 type=script]
The murder trial for federal agent Christopher Deedy continued on Tuesday.
Adam Gutowski claims he was severely beaten on the morning of Nov. 5, 2011. He was with special agent Deedy, who is charged with the shooting death of Kollin Elderts.
Gutowski also claims Eldrets and his friend Shane Medeiros started the altercation.
Gutowski was repeatedly questioned by the prosecutor about what he saw and heard that November morning. Gutowski claims he didn’t remember many parts of the confrontation.
Adam Gutowski: “That exchange, what he was saying was significant to me at the time.”
Prosecutor: “But not significant enough for you to tell the grand jurors?”
Adam Gutowski: “I guess not.”
Deedy has admitted to the shooting. The question remains… was it self-defense as his attorneys claim.
Gutowski maintained time and again on the stand that Elderts and Medeiros were the aggressors in the incident.
Maile Lambeth, an EMT on the scene shortly after the shooting, said she saw Elderts lying in a pool of blood with Deedy apparently trying to stop the bleeding.
A number of Marines were also in the McDonald’s that night when the shooting took place. Cpl. Assan Jobe described what he saw.
“After he pulled the gun, he shot the gun,” Jobe said.
Jobe was asked by the prosecutor if he could recognize the man he says fired the pistol.
“No, not if I saw him on the street. No,” Jobe said.
Jobe will be cross-examined by the defense attorneys on Wednesday.
The medical examiner will also take the stand to talk about the cause of death and other circumstances surrounding the incident.
- Deedy’s friend chronicles night of deadly shooting
- Bullet expert takes the stand in Deedy murder trial
- Evidence specialist: Deedy smelled of alcohol hours after deadly shooting
- Former Marine describes threat made before deadly shooting
- Arresting officer, eyewitness testify in Deedy murder trial
- Man in middle of deadly fight didn’t feel threatened
- Prosecutors show surveillance video in Deedy murder trial
- Deedy trial day 2: Victim’s friend gives emotional testimony
- Trial underway for federal agent accused of Waikiki murder