July is Microchip Madness month. Veterinarians from Waianae to Hawaii Kai are teaming up with the Hawaiian Humane Society and offering low-cost microchipping of pets for $10.
Last year, about 3,500 pets received microchips through the program.
Collars and tags are often lost, but microchips provide permanent identification for a pet’s lifetime.
Participating Microchip Madness veterinary clinics include:
- Aina Haina Pet Hospital, 732-9111
- Animal Clinic of Honolulu, 734-0255
- Animal House Veterinary Center, 689-1797
- Blue Cross Animal Hospital, 593-2532
- Feather and Fur Animal Clinic, 254-1548
- Hawaii Kai Veterinary Clinic, 395-2302
- Kailua Animal Clinic, 263-8863
- Kakaako Pet Hospital, 592-9999
- Kalihi Pet Clinic, Inc. 951-8808
- Kapalama Pet Hospital, Inc., 841-2861
- King St. Pet Hospital, 951-7777
- Kokua Pet Clinic, 843-8382
- Makai Animal Clinic, Inc., 262-9621
- Newtown Veterinary Clinic, Inc., 488-3667
- Ohana Veterinary Hospital, Inc., 845-1762
- The Cat Clinic, 732-8884
- The Pet Doctor, 733-8828
- Surf Paws, 395-3647
- Wahiawa Animal Hospital, 621-7000
- Waianae Veterinary Clinic, 696-4161
- Waipahu Waikele Pet Hospital, 638-3670
For more information, visit the Humane Society’s website or call (808) 946-2187.