Christopher Deedy’s friend Jessica West was on the witness stand once again Thursday, being questioned about the events of that night in Nov. 2011.
West, Deedy, and his friend Adam Gutowski got into an argument with Shane Medeiros and Kollin Elderts, who was shot and killed that night in a Waikiki McDonald’s.
“My recollection is very sharp of what happened that evening. And it’s a fluid motion, it’s not frame by frame. So I can’t tell you if this is why I’m telling Chris to go, based on the single frame,” West said.
Prosecution and defense attorneys take the surveillance video from McDonald’s frame-by-frame and the prosecutor repeated her question, what West was doing at a particular time.
“Again, it was either here or a few frames ahead where I’m saying, ‘Let’s just go’ because of things I had heard coming from Mr. Elderts,” West said.
“And what were those things that you heard coming from Mr. Elderts?” prosecutor Janice Futa said.
“He was again being very aggressive, ready to fight. At one point, he said something about a gun and that’s what made me panicked and scared and just want to leave the restaurant,” West said.
Earlier in the day, forensic pathologist Dr. Jonathan Arden took the stand. He disagreed with some of the findings of the autopsy done by Dr. Kanthi De Alwis.
Trial resumes on Monday.
- Defense calls first witness to the stand in Deedy murder trial
- Police detective testifies in Deedy murder trial, last prosecution witness
- Friend of victim cross-examined, explains why he didn’t leave
- Deedy’s friend back on the stand, claims he was severely beaten before the shooting
- Deedy’s friend chronicles night of deadly shooting
- Bullet expert takes the stand in Deedy murder trial
- Evidence specialist: Deedy smelled of alcohol hours after deadly shooting
- Former Marine describes threat made before deadly shooting
- Arresting officer, eyewitness testify in Deedy murder trial
- Man in middle of deadly fight didn’t feel threatened
- Prosecutors show surveillance video in Deedy murder trial
- Deedy trial day 2: Victim’s friend gives emotional testimony
- Trial underway for federal agent accused of Waikiki murder