HFD: Malfunction in floor lamp cord caused Pupukea house fire

Pupukea fire

An early morning blaze at a house in Pupukea was an accident, according to Honolulu Fire Department officials.

The fire was reported shortly after 12 a.m. Thursday in a home on Alapio Road.

According to HFD, the fire started in a second-floor bedroom because of a malfunction in the cord of a floor lamp.

No injuries were reported.

Total damage is estimated at $370,000.

Related story: Firefighters put out house fire in Pupukea

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s