Kualoa Ranch was recognized as one of seven winners of the 2013 regional Environmental Stewardship Award Program.
The award was given during the 2013 Cattle Industry Summer Conference in Denver, Colorado held July 30 to Aug. 2.
The award recognizes beef producers who make environmental stewardship a priority on their farms and ranches while they also improve production and profitability. This is the 23rd year of the award.
The other winners were:
- Mountain Meadows Farm, Sudbury, Vt.
- Kissimmee Park Properties, St. Cloud, Fla.
- BitterSweet Acres, Greenville, Iowa
- Frank and Sims Price Ranch, Sterling City, Texas
- Padlock Ranch Company, Ranchester, Wyo.
- Gracie Creek Landowners Association, Burwell, Neb.