The cost for the prosecution in the Christopher Deedy murder trial is into the thousands.
According to the Department of the Prosecuting Attorney, it cost more than $7,100 to fly witnesses in and out, plus an additional $1,900 for their daily allowance.
Expert testimony from former medical examiner Dr. Kanthi De Alwis cost $1,100, and consultant fees came out to $2,500.
The grand total was more than $12,700.
Deedy is accused of killing Kollin Elderts at a Waikiki McDonald’s in Nov. 2011.
Judge Karen Ahn declared a mistrial Monday after jurors said they were unable to unanimously decide on a verdict.
The prosecutor’s office is looking to re-try the case.
- Hearing rescheduled to discuss Deedy retrial
- City defends prosecution’s decision in Deedy trial
- Longtime lawyers question prosecution’s argument in Deedy case
- Former city prosecutor Carlisle weighs in on Deedy murder trial
- Deedy juror speaks exclusively to KHON2 News
- Former prosecutor says Deedy retrial would not benefit either side
- Elderts family ‘exhausted’ after trial
- Mistrial declared in Deedy murder trial
- Lawyer: Jurors in Deedy murder trial stuck without manslaughter option
- Former prosecutor shares insight as deliberations continue in Deedy murder trial
- Closing arguments wrap up in Deedy murder trial
- Former prosecutor breaks down Deedy’s testimony
- Prosecutors: Deedy could have walked away from the confrontation
- Special agent Deedy explains why he drew his gun
- Special agent accused of murder takes the stand
- Nurse: Special agent did not appear drunk the morning of deadly shooting
- Friend told special agent ‘Let’s just go’ moments before the deadly shooting
- Defense calls first witness to the stand in Deedy murder trial
- Police detective testifies in Deedy murder trial, last prosecution witness
- Friend of victim cross-examined, explains why he didn’t leave
- Deedy’s friend back on the stand, claims he was severely beaten before the shooting
- Deedy’s friend chronicles night of deadly shooting
- Bullet expert takes the stand in Deedy murder trial
- Evidence specialist: Deedy smelled of alcohol hours after deadly shooting
- Former Marine describes threat made before deadly shooting
- Arresting officer, eyewitness testify in Deedy murder trial
- Man in middle of deadly fight didn’t feel threatened
- Prosecutors show surveillance video in Deedy murder trial
- Deedy trial day 2: Victim’s friend gives emotional testimony
- Trial underway for federal agent accused of Waikiki murder