Clothes dryer causes fire in Maui restaurant

Maui Fire Department
Maui Fire Department

Lahaina firefighters responded to a clothes dryer caught fire early Tuesday morning.

The fire broke out at about 5:15 a.m. on 844 Front Street where Moose’s restaurant is located.

When firefighters arrived, the sprinkler system was activated which helped get the fire in the utility room extinguished.

Officials say the cause of the fire was accidental.

Damages to the dryer and the room were estimated to be $4,000.

No injuries were reported.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s