Longs Drugs stores are opening seven new walk-in medical clinics on Oahu.
The walk-in clinics are staffed by nurse practitioners who specialize in family health care and can diagnose, treat and write prescriptions for common family illnesses.
Patients can be treated for a wide range of illnesses including strep throat and ear, eye, sinus, bladder and bronchial infections. Minor wounds, abrasions, skin conditions and joint sprains are treated, and common vaccinations such as influenza, tetanus, pneumonia and hepatitis A & B are available at most locations. The clinics also provide walk-in camp, sports, and college physicals.
Most health insurance is accepted.
For patients paying cash or credit, treatment prices are posted at each clinic and at www.minuteclinic.com.
A blessing ceremony was held Thursday morning for the first location inside the Longs Drugs store on South King Street in Moiliili.
The clinics operate from 8:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., Monday through Friday; 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. on Saturday; and 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. on Sunday.
- 98-1005 Moanalua Rd #400 (opening Sept. 30)
- 2470 S. King St. (opened Sept. 26)
- 4211 Waialae Ave. (opening Sept. 30)
- 377 Keahole St. (opening Oct. 2)
- 609 Kailua Rd (opening Oct. 2)
- 45 480 Kaneohe Bay Dr. (opening Oct. 2)
- 91-590 Farrington Highway #300 (opening Sept. 30)