A Hawaii Kai man who took the city to court over a pothole won his case on Friday.
Donald Fehlmann’s new car was damaged after hitting a pothole on Lunalilo Home Road.
He had filed a claim and also went to mediation with the city but was denied both times.
The city blamed his low-profile tires and rims.
In small claims court Friday, the judge ordered the city to reimburse Fehlmann for the amount he spent to repair his tires and rims which is nearly $2,000.
Related story: Hawaii Kai man sues city after pothole damages new car
City & County of Honolulu:
- Pothole Hotline: 768-7777
- Online: Pothole Service Request Form and Phone Line
- Damage claim: 768-5222 (Department of the Corporation Counsel)
County of Hawaii:
County of Maui:
County of Kauai:
- Department of Public Works Road Construction & Maintenance: 241-4847
State of Hawaii:
- Pothole Patrol: 536-7852
- Highway Problem Report:
Oahu – (808) 831-6714 after hours (808) 485-6200
Maui – (808) 873-3535
Kauai – (808) 241-3032
Hawaii Island – (808) 933-8866
- Damage claim: 831-6714 (Department of Accounting and General Services)
- Online form: Claim for Damage or Injury (Department of Accounting and General Services)