The Hawaii State Legislature is holding an informational briefing on the state’s implementation of the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
Representatives from the Hawaii Health Connector and various state agencies will be giving updates at the meeting.
The Hawaii Health Connector stated in a press release that they logged 19,457 unique visits to the site, completed 1,181 applications, and received 1,257 calls yesterday, the first day of their operations.
- Coral Andrews, Executive Director, Hawaii Health Connector
- Gordon Ito, Insurance Commissioner, Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs
- Tom Matsuda, ACA Implementation Manager, Officer of the Governor
- Ed Wang, Prepaid Health Care Program Chief, Department of Labor and Industrial Relations
- Dr. Kenny Fink, Administrator, Med-Quest Division, Department of Human Services
No public testimony will be accepted and the briefing will be broadcasted on Capitol TV.
DATE: Wednesday, October 9, 2013
TIME: 9:00am-Noon and 1:30pm-3:30pm
PLACE: Conference Room 329, State Capitol, 415 South Beretania Street
- Governor’s Statement Regarding the Hawaii Health Connector
- Full text of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PDF)