Unattended stove sparks fire in McCully

Citron Street
Citron Street

The American Red Cross is helping two McCully residents after a fire broke out at their home Wednesday afternoon.

The fire on Citron Street started at about 3 p.m.

Honolulu Fire Department officials say it began in the kitchen. They say a pot of oil left on the stove apparently sparked the fire.

Most of the damage was contained to the kitchen.

Two people live at the home. One person was home at the time and made it out safely.

Damage is estimated at $50,000.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s