Man injured in Waikiki cooking accident

Waikiki cooking fire

A cooking fire sent a man to the hospital on Thursday.

The fire broke out at about 8:45 a.m. at the Royal Grove Hotel on Uluniu Avenue in Waikiki.

Honolulu Fire Department officials say the 51-year-old man was on his balcony cooking with a wok on a gas burner.

“The oil became overheated and it ignited. The person tried to move the wok, spilled the oil, scalded himself, and received some serious injuries,” Honolulu Fire Department Capt. Terry Seelig said.

The man was taken to the hospital, but is expected to recover.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s