Ewa Beach townhouse fire caused by overheated battery system

ewa beach fire cause

Fire officials now know what caused an Ewa Beach townhouse to go up in flames earlier this month.

Investigators ruled the fire as an accident, caused by an overheated battery charging system. The batteries were made of lithium ion polymer and often used in radio-controlled airplanes. Officials say both the batteries and the charger were destroyed in the fire.

The fire affected four units in the complex and caused approximately $700,000 in damage.

Related Story: Firefighters battle house fire in Ewa

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s