The search continued Friday on Maui for Carly Scott after friends and family say her clothes and a blanket she kept in her car were found in a pile off Hana Hwy. near Honomanu Bay and Keanae.
Police were also at Scott’s house in Makawao Friday where Scott’s mother, Kim, was swabbed for DNA.
The 27-year-old, who is five months pregnant, was last seen Sunday night at her sister’s house in Haiku. Later that night, her family says she went to help a friend in Hana, who saw her lights behind him at one point, before they disappeared.
On Monday morning, her dog, Nala, was found alive and well in Nahiku. Then at about 6 p.m. Wednesday, her vehicle was found torched at a surf spot known as “Jaws.” Her stepfather says the vehicle was found in pineapple fields off Peahi Road. The vehicle, a silver Toyota 4-Runner, had apparently been torched, but police were able to match the vehicle’s identification number with Scott’s registration information.
- UPDATE: New evidence found in missing Maui woman search
- Maui police confirm torched car belongs to missing woman
- Maui police search procedures under scrutiny
- Search continues for missing Maui pregnant woman
- Maui police searching for missing pregnant woman, her dog found in Nahiku
- Pregnant woman goes missing on Maui