Power restored in Kalihi after short circuit

transformer fire

Hawaiian Electric Co. crews have restored power in Kalihi.

HECO says a short circuit in some underground cable on Hart St. caused the insulation to burn, cutting power to 280 area homes and businesses at 11:45 a.m.

Power was fully restored at 12:15 p.m.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s