KHON2 received more information from the attorney general’s office in regards to the two suspects accused of vandalizing Iolani Palace back in February.
KHON2 reported Thursday that Drew Paahao was indicted for first degree criminal property damage and burglary.
KHON2 wanted to know why the second suspect, Koa Keaulana, was not indicted.
The attorney general’s office told KHON2 on Friday they declined his case.
On Feb. 8, Paahao and Keaulana were seen on surveillance video walking through the Grand Hall of Iolani Palace after breaking and smashing a 130-year-old glass door.
A bench warrant for Paahao’s arrest is expected to be issued shortly.
- Fundraiser concert held for Iolani Palace – April 6, 2014
- Charges still pending for Iolani Palace vandal suspects – March 14, 2014
- Iolani Palace glass to be repaired – March 7, 2014
- Iolani Palace vandal suspects in trouble with police again – March 3, 2014
- Iolani Palace surveillance video catches vandals in the act – February 13, 2014
- Iolani Palace vandal suspects appear in court – February 10, 2014
- Palace officials: Damage to Iolani Palace ‘senseless’ – February 9, 2014
- Vandals damage irreplaceable door at Iolani Palace – February 8, 2014