Bingham St. will be closed near Alexander St. next week due to construction work at Kapiolani Medical Center for Women & Children.
A construction tower crane will be delivered and installed on the construction site April 29-May 2.
For the safety of work crews and the public, Bingham St. will be closed during work hours from 5:30 a.m.-7 p.m.
Patients and visitors to Kapiolani Medical Center will be able to access the patient drop-off area by turning onto Bingham St. from Punahou St. Drivers exiting the patient drop-off area will need to turn left on Bingham St., which will be counter-flowed.
To access the parking garage, patients and visitors should use the following alternate routes:
From H1 Eastbound:
1. Take Punahou Street Exit 23
2. Right on Punahou Street
3. Left on King Street
4. Left on McCully Street
5. Left on Beretania Street
6. Right on Alexander Street
7. Left on Bingham Street (contraflow) to parking garage
From H1 Westbound:
1. Take King Street Exit 25A
2. Right on King Street
3. King Street becomes Beretania Street after the University Avenue intersection
4. Right on Alexander Street
5. Left on Bingham Street (contraflow) to parking garage
Traffic control measures and special duty police officers will be used to route traffic through the area.
Construction on the first phase of a multi-year master plan to rebuild the hospital began in February 2014 with the groundbreaking for a new building to house Kapiolani’s Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and Pediatric Intensive Care Unit.
The project is slated for completion in spring 2016 and will open in fall 2016.
- Construction begins on Kapiolani’s new intensive care facility – Feb. 19, 2014