Kalakaua Ave. will shut down Saturday night for the 12th annual Waikiki Spam Jam.
The festival will take place from 4-10 p.m. but the road closure, which extends from Seaside Ave. to Kaiulani Ave. will be in effect until 11 p.m.
The festival will feature 20 eateries serving up a variety of Spam dishes, including Aloha Plate, the winner of Food Network’s Great Food Truck Race.
The event also includes two entertainment stages and several Hawaiian craft booths. Approximately 25,000 festival goers are expected.
Admission to the event is free, and all proceeds generated benefit the Hawaii Foodbank. Booths manned by volunteers will also collect donations of Spam for the Hawaii Food Bank.
Related Link: Waikiki Spam Jam’s website
- ABC Stores: SPAM & Macadamia Nut Sundae $5; SPAM & Corn Chowder $4
- Aloha Plate: Award Winning SPAM Burger
- Atlantis Seafood and Steak: SPAM Lau Lau $8; BBQ Chicken $7; BBQ Ribs $7; Combination SPAM BBQ $8
- Cheeseburger Beachwalk: Sugar-shoyu Furikake SPAM Slider $3
- Chibo Okonomiyaki Restaurant: SPAM Okonomiyaki $8; SPAM Yakisoba $8
- Curry Cafe: Crispy Fried SPAM and Curry Rice $8
- Duke’s Waikiki: SPAM Fried Rice $5; SPAM Loco Moco $7; SPAM Loco Moco w/Fried Rice $9; SPAM Katsu $4; Kanak Attack $12; Hula Pie $8
- Eggs ‘n Things: SPAM Pancake Sliders w/SPAM Fries $8; SPAM Pita Pockets w/SPAM Fries $8; SPAM Fries $6
- Gordon Biersch: Kama`aina SPAM Street Tacos $7; Sicilian SPAM Pizza $3; Chinatown SPAM Won Tons $5; Mango BBQ SPAM Sliders $5; Garlic Fries $5; Dessert Samplers $3
- Hard Rock Cafe: SPAMburrito $6 – Pulled Pork, SPAM, 3 Beans, Shredded Cabbage, Lime, and Sour Cream wrapped in a Flour Tortilla. Candied Spam Caramel Crème Brulee $4 – Candied Maui Onion, Spam, Vanilla Custard in a Dark Caramel Sauce.
- Hula Grill: SPAM Fried Rice $5; SPAM Loco Moco $7; SPAM Loco Moco w/Fried Rice $9; SPAM Katsu $4; Kanak Attack $12; Hula Pie $8
- Jimmy Buffett’s at the Beachcomber: 2014 Award Winning SPAM recipe – SPAM Philly Sandwich $10, SPAM Chili $8, SPAM Nachos $8
- Kau Kau Grill: Krazy BBQ SPAM Fried Rice $5; Kau Kau SPAM Snackers $2 or 3/$5; BBQ Baby Back Ribs $12; Garlic Shrimp $12; Pulehu Shortribs $12, Garlic Ahi $12; Shoyu & Spicy Poke Bowls $8; 2-Choice Combo $15
- MAC 24:7: Truffle SPAM Ramen $4
- Mahaloha Burger: Loco Moco SPAM Burger $7; Teriyaki SPAM Burger $7; SPAM Cheese Burger $7; SPAM Hot Dog $5
- Olay’s Thai Food Express: SPAM Pad Thai Plate, Green Curry Chicken, Pumpkin Curry Chicken, Panang Curry Chicken, Yellow Curry Chicken, Thai Basil Chicken, or Lemongrass Fried Chicken $9; 2 Choice Plate $10; Small SPAM Pad Thai $5; Large SPAM Pad Thai $8
- Ono Pops: Peanut Butter Ice Cream w/Candied SPAM $4; Brown Sugar Pineapple Sorbet w/Candied SPAM, Brown Spice & Cherries $4; Assorted Gourmet Hawaiian Frozen Popsicle Treats $4
- PF Chang’s: SPAM Lo Mein $8; SPAM Lettuce Wraps $8
- Seafood Village: SPAM Siu Mai $4; SPAM Manapua/Spring Roll $3; Salt&Pepper Shrimp $5; Tangerine Chicken $5; SPAM Jam Plate (SPAM siu mai/spring roll/manapua, S&P Shrimp, Tangerine Chik, Steamed Rice $9
- Buenos Antojitos: Mom’s Puerto Rican SPAM Flan $4
The following acts are slated to perform:
Outrigger Hotels and Resorts Stage (fronting Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach):
- 4:30 p.m. Ka Hale I o Kahala Halau
- 5:30 p.m. Kaiao
- 6:30 p.m. Kapena
- 7:30 p.m. Germaine’s Luau
- 8:30 p.m. Manoa Madness
Shops of Hawaii Stage (fronting Royal Hawaiian Center)
- 4:30 p.m. Hula by Malu Productions and Wanna Hula Productions
- 5:30 p.m. Johnna Padeken Parel
- 6:30 p.m. The Wreck
- 7:15 p.m. Legends Waikiki
- 7:45 p.m. Pocket
- 8:45 p.m. Emke