Honolulu firefighters put out downtown restaurant fire


Firefighters responded to a fire at the Mandalay Restaurant.

It happened around 6:30 p.m. Monday on Alakea Street.

Fire officials say a roasting oven was on fire.

The sprinkler system turned on.

Firefighters put the fire out in about five minutes.

Damages are estimated at $3,000 to the roasting oven.

No one was injured.

Officials say the fire started because of grease underneath the roasting oven.

There’s no word on how this impacts the restaurant.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s