Google announced Tuesday the launch of a significant update to Google Maps for mobile devices.
The update includes a variety of changes, most notably more robust offline maps and Uber integration.
Google Maps did have an offline feature earlier this year. However, it wasn’t an announced feature and wasn’t easily found.
In September 2013, Google Ventures invested $258M in Uber.
Here’s a list of the highlights:
- Added feature to show you which lane to be in when driving.
- Save maps to use offline.
- Additional search filters by hours, rating, price, and more.
- One-click Uber integration.
- Improved public transit information.
- Ability for saved locations to be synced with other devices.
- More Street View fly/walk throughs.