Attempted murder victim released from hospital

The victim in an attempted murder investigation in Waikiki was released from the hospital Monday.

Elizabeth Conklin had been recovering from her injuries at Queen’s Medical Center and told KHON2 she has very little memory of the day she was attacked.

Conklin said she suffered nerve damage to her neck and a concussion and was treated for numerous cuts and bruises.

The 73-year-old said she remembers finishing a meeting at St. Andrew’s Cathedral and drove to her home at Diamond Head Apartments. That’s when authorities said Jill Anjuli Hansen, 30, drove right into her, knocking her to the ground.

“I never heard of her. I’ve never seen her. I don’t remember seeing her at the time,” Conklin said.

Read more: Local surfer appears in court on attempted murder charge

When asked what she would tell her attacker, Conklin responded, “I would say, ‘Why did you want to murder me?'”

Conklin said she doesn’t know why Hansen allegedly attacked her, but believes she may have been after her car, a BMW station wagon.

Conklin also had nothing but praise for the man who she said saved her life.

Police said the building’s maintenance man, Christopher Khoury, smashed the rear window of Hansen’s car in order to stop the younger woman from driving into Conklin a second time.

“I would say thank you,” Conklin said. “How do you thank someone who saved your life? I will always be grateful to him.”

 

blog comments powered by Disqus