Ewa Beach house fire extinguished

ewa beach fire

Honolulu firefighters answered a call of a structure fire near 91-1638 Laupai St. in Ewa Beach.

The two-alarm call came in at 10:34 a.m. Sunday, and by 11, the fire was under control.

A woman was upstairs at the time of the fire, with the downstairs filled with smoke.

She and her children had initially evacuated the house, but she went back inside to get her pet, and ended up getting trapped in a bedroom.

She and the pet somehow got on the roof of the adjoining garage, and neighbors brought a ladder to bring the both of them down.

The cause of the fire was due to a stove top burner being inadvertently left on.

Damages are estimated at $80,000 to the house, $60,000 to its contents.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s