Ewa Beach house fire extinguished

ewa beach fire

Honolulu firefighters answered a call of a structure fire near 91-1638 Laupai St. in Ewa Beach.

The two-alarm call came in at 10:34 a.m. Sunday, and by 11, the fire was under control.

A woman was upstairs at the time of the fire, with the downstairs filled with smoke.

She and her children had initially evacuated the house, but she went back inside to get her pet, and ended up getting trapped in a bedroom.

She and the pet somehow got on the roof of the adjoining garage, and neighbors brought a ladder to bring the both of them down.

The cause of the fire was due to a stove top burner being inadvertently left on.

Damages are estimated at $80,000 to the house, $60,000 to its contents.

 

blog comments powered by Disqus