It’s the 142nd annual King Kamehameha Day celebration.
In honor of the holiday, the King Kamehameha Statue will be adorned with lei in the annual lei draping ceremony starting at 3 p.m. Public donations of plumeria flowers and lei will be accepted Wednesday morning at the tent site fronting the Kekuanaoa building on King St.
- Emergency ambulance, fire, lifeguard and police services will be available.
- Refuse will be collected. Landfills and transfer stations will be open.
- Municipal golf courses, botanical gardens and the Honolulu Zoo will be open.
- TheBus, including Community Access Services, will operate on a state holiday schedule. Regular express service will be provided to Pearl Harbor Naval Base. For route and schedule information, please go to www.thebus.org.
- The People’s Open Markets will not be held.
- The Blaisdell Center box office will be closed.
- All Satellite City Halls and Driver’s License offices will be closed.
- On-street parking will be free, except for the meters on Kalakaua Avenue along Queen Kapiolani Park and metered parking lots.
- Contraflow traffic lanes will not be coned.