HONOLULU, Hawaii – The 106th Manoa Cup continued today at the Oahu Country Club. One golfer who stood out in the round of 16 in the longest running golf tournament in the country was 56-year-old Doug Williams.
Williams, the oldest competitor in the tournament, defeated Tyler Isono in their match up on Thursday. The 56-year-old advances to the quarterfinals tomorrow and takes on David Saka, the former University of Hawaii golfer and Sony Open veteran.
Here are the results after the Thursday matches.
1. Cole Shintaku def. Zachary Braunthal – 2 & 1
2. Issac Jaffurs def. Jarin Harada – 1 up
3. Doug Williams def. Tyler Isono – 2 up
4. David Saka def. Nick Matsushima – 7 & 6
5. Brent Grant def. Jaren McCartney – 5 & 3
6. Scotty Yamashita def. Shawn Lu – 22 holes
7. Kengo Aoshima def. Tyler Ota – 23 holes
8. Nainoa Calip def. Pj Samiere – 1 up
For more information on the upcoming matches, click here.