A restaurant on the Big Island is considered one of the best in the country for its hamburgers.
That’s according to the travel website TripAdvisor, who announced on Tuesday its list of the 10 best burger restaurants in the U.S.
Village Burger, located in the Parker Ranch Center in Kamuela, came in at number 10.
“This island eatery serves up traditional beef burgers made with locally sourced ingredients,” the website states.
One reviewer said that “you really can taste the difference with fresh local beef. I am forever spoiled now that I know how a burger can taste.”
The website’s complete list of best burger restaurants:
- Black Hills Burger and Bun Co., Custer, S.D.
- Nic’s Grill, Oklahoma City, Okla.
- Sparky’s, Hatch, N.M.
- Grill-A-Burger, Palm Desert, Calif.
- MEAT Eatery and Taproom, Islamorada, Fla.
- Brook’s Gourmet Burgers and Dogs, Naples, Fla.
- Mussel & Burger Bar, Louisville, Ky.
- Big D’s Downtown Dive, Roswell, N.M.
- Casper & Runyon’s Nook, Saint Paul, Minn.
- Village Burger, Waimea, Hawaii
The list is based on the reviews and opinions of TripAdvisor travelers, taking into account the quality, quantity and ratio of reviews mentioning burgers, as well as overall reviews for the establishment.