Here are the government’s rankings of the leading airlines and their on-time performance in May. Some airlines, including Spirit and Allegiant, are not included because they operate fewer flights. The federal government counts a flight as on-time if it arrives within 14 minutes of schedule.
- Hawaiian Airlines, 93.2 percent
- Alaska Airlines, 89.7 percent
- Delta Air Lines, 84.4 percent
- AirTran Airways, 83.9 percent
- US Airways, 82.1 percent
- Virgin America, 81.8 percent
- SkyWest, 78.7 percent
- JetBlue Airways, 77.3 percent
- American Airlines, 76.8 percent
- United Airlines, 76.4 percent
- Frontier Airlines, 73.4 percent
- Southwest Airlines, 71.8 percent
- Envoy, 71.4 percent
- ExpressJet, 70.3 percent
Total for all reporting airlines: 76.9 percent
—Southwest and AirTran are owned by Southwest Airlines Co.
—American, US Airways and Envoy are owned by American Airlines Group Inc.
—Envoy was formerly American Eagle
Source: U.S. Department of Transportation
The report can be found at: http://1.usa.gov/1qVNVeG