Firefighters extinguish house fire in Kihei

Photo courtesy Krystal Randolph
Photo courtesy Krystal Randolph

 

Flames destroyed a home in Kihei late Friday afternoon on Oe Street.

Officials say the fire started in the backyard at about 4:30 p.m.

The two-story home was fully involved with crews got to the scene.

Everyone inside made it out safely.

It took about four hours to extinguish the blaze.

Investigators say it was sparked accidentally by fireworks, and it caused a total of $520,000 damage.

The American Red Cross will meet with the residents.

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s