A Kihei man has been charged with trafficking crystal methamphetamine and other drugs and firearms offenses after a bust by the Maui Police Department.
On Thursday, July 17, the Vice Division and Special Response Team executed a warrant on Thomas Schillaci’s home and discovered the following items:
- 881.49 grams of crystal methamphetamine (nearly 2 pounds)
- 34.94 grams of liquid methamphetamine
- 42 marijuana plants
- 70.41 grams of processed marijuana
- Marijuana concentrate also known as honey oil
- Paraphernalia associated with the distribution and use of illicit narcotics
- A double-sided dagger
- A Ruger .357 revolver that was loaded with ammunition
- $5,491.00 in U.S. currency
Also found in the home were several butane canisters, a glass flask containing marijuana with a metal screen on one end and a hole on the other end, several empty glass flasks, grinders and honey oil residue. This evidence is consistent with the processing of marijuana concentrate using butane.
The 47-year-old was arrested and charged for the following offenses:
- Methamphetamine Trafficking I
- Felon in Possession of a Firearm
- Felon in Possession of Ammunition
- Deadly Weapons Prohibited
- Promoting a Dangerous Drug III
- Commercial Promotion of Marijuana II
- Promoting a Harmful Drug III
- Promoting a Detrimental Drug III
- Prohibited Acts Related to Drug Paraphernalia (4 counts)
His bail was set at $144,000.