The Dept. of Transportation reports there will be multiple weekend lane closures for the Pearl City Viaduct, Airport Viaduct, and Vineyard Boulevard Resurfacing Project.
Pearl City Viaduct
Westbound direction between the Pearl City/Waimalu off-ramp (Exit 10) and the Waikele/Waipahu off-ramp (Exit 7), from 11 p.m. Saturday through 10 a.m. Sunday for pavement reconstruction. Closures are as follows:
- Two left lanes closed from the Waimalu on-ramp (Exit 10) to the H-1/H-2 split
- Two right lanes closed from the H-1/H-2 split to the Waipahu Street overpass
- One right lane closed from the H-1/H-2 split to the Waipahu Street overpass on Sunday from 10 a.m. to noon
- The Kamehameha Highway On-Ramp to the H-1 Freeway will remain open with traffic shifted to the left side of the on-ramp to accommodate work on the H-1 Freeway. For more information, please visit the project website at www.pmcontraflow.com or call the project hotline at (808) 945-1144.
Eastbound direction between Olomea Street and Pua Lane from 7 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday for roadway reconstruction and repaving work. Closures are as follows:
- Full closure of the Vineyard Boulevard off-ramp (Exit 20B)
- Left lane closure between Olomea Street and the Vineyard Boulevard off-ramp (Exit 20B)
Eastbound road work on the H-1 Freeway and Nimitz Highway from midnight Saturday through 4 a.m. Monday for deck repairs. Nimitz Highway will be closed as a precaution for safety reasons due to the deck repairs happening above. Upcoming eastbound lane closures for the Airport Viaduct are as follows:
- Three left lanes closed on the H-1 Freeway between the Radford Drive overpass and the Airport off-ramp (Exit 16)
- Two left lanes closed on Nimitz Highway between Elliott Street and Aolele Street as a precaution for the deck repairs happening above on the Airport Viaduct
- Full closure of the Joint Base Pearl Harbor Hickam on-ramp
- Full closure at the Valkenburgh Street intersection on Nimitz Highway from midnight to noon. Left turns at the intersection of Nimitz Highway and Valkenburgh Street will not be permitted. Detours will be implemented.
There will also be partial closures on the H-1 Freeway in both directions from Middle Street to the Ward Avenue Overpass from 9 p.m.-5 a.m. Monday through Wednesday morning, for inspections, surveys and electrical work on various projects.
Westbound ramp closures associated with this road work include the School Street on and off-ramps (Exit 21A).
Eastbound ramp closures will include the mauka and makai Kalihi Street (Likelike Highway) on-ramps (Exit 20A) and the Vineyard Boulevard off-ramp (Exit 22).
There will also be a single-lane closure on the H-1 Freeway in both directions from Middle Street to the Punchbowl Street off-ramp (Exit 21B) from 9 p.m-4 a.m. Monday through Thursday morning, for inspections and surveys. This work includes wrap-up work for the H1 Freeway Rehabilitation Project and other maintenance work.