Honolulu is one of the snobbiest cities in America.
That’s according to Movoto, an online real estate brokerage based in San Mateo, Calif.
In the company’s top 10 list, Honolulu tied for seventh place, along with Irvine, Calif.
“With its white, sandy beaches, perfect weather, and, of course, crazy expensive real estate, Honolulu is clearly the best place in the universe (according to locals),” the company said in a blog post.
San Francisco came in at number one.
Movoto used the following criteria to rank the top 100 largest cities in the U.S., using data from the 2010 U.S. Census:
- Median home price (the higher the better)
- Median household income (the higher the better)
- Percent of population with a college degree (the higher the better)
- Private schools per capita (the more the better)
- Performing arts per capita (the more the better)
- Art galleries per capita (the more the better)
- Fast food restaurants per capita (the fewer the better)