Those looking into the possibility of living in the developing Kakaako area are invited to a neighborhood preview this Sunday.
Visitors will get a chance to see Kamehameha Schools’ vision to transform nine city blocks into a walkable, livable community, and take part in a variety of activities, exhibits and presentations.
The event takes place from noon to 5 p.m. and includes:
- Guided tours of the Our Kakaako neighborhood
- A custom-made, hand-built 3D Lego model of the future district on display at the Our Kakaako Information Center
- Homeowner workshops conducted by Hawaii Homeownership Center (noon-2 p.m.) and Bank of Hawaii (2-4 p.m.) at Kakaako Agora (441 Cooke Street)
- Independent developer information centers to learn about envisioned projects
- Tour a rental apartment at Six Eighty
- Our Kakaako parklets — parking stalls that have been turned into parks
- Neighborhood merchants will be open for business
- PRESENT Project Art Exhibition at 445 and 449 Cooke Street
- Football pop-up sports bar on Auahi Street
- Music by DJ Timo
Free parking is available at 555 South Street.
Click here for more information.