A magnitude 6.3 earthquake struck off the east coast Honshu, Japan.
The epicenter of the quake was placed 96 miles east-northeast of Hachinohe.
There was no danger of a tsunami according to the Japan Meteorological Agency.
- 2014-10-11 02:35:46 UTC
- 2014-10-11 12:35:46 UTC+10:00 at epicenter
- 2014-10-10 16:35:46 UTC-10:00 system time
Location: 40.986°N 143.216°E depth=13.5km (8.4mi)
- 154km (96mi) ENE of Hachinohe, Japan
- 160km (99mi) ENE of Misawa, Japan
- 165km (103mi) SSE of Shizunai, Japan
- 171km (106mi) E of Mutsu, Japan
- 663km (412mi) NNE of Tokyo, Japan