As part of the ongoing water system improvement project in the McCully area, a Board of Water Supply contractor continues work to install a new 12-inch water main on Kapiolani Boulevard.
Motorists are advised to expect the following traffic modifications from 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday:
Monday and Tuesday
- One Ewa-bound lane of Kapiolani Boulevard between McCully Street and Wiliwili Street will be closed;
- The left turn lane onto Kapiolani Boulevard from the makai-bound direction of McCully Street will be closed, however lane closures will be modified to allow for motorists to turn left onto Kapiolani Boulevard; and
- One mauka-bound lane of McCully Street will be closed at the Kapiolani Boulevard intersection.
Wednesday to Friday
- Two makai-bound lanes of McCully Street between Kapiolani Boulevard and Lime Street will be closed;
- The mauka-bound lanes of McCully Street between Kapiolani Boulevard and Lime Street will be contra-flowed; and
- Traffic lanes will be modified to allow motorists to turn left onto Kapiolani Boulevard from the makai-bound direction of McCully Street.
The indicated lane closures may be modified based on project needs.
The contractor is replacing approximately 2,800 feet of 12-inch water main installed in 1938 and approximately 1,000 feet of 8-inch water main installed in 1953. The renewal of the water system will improve fire protection, enhance water service to residents in the area, and reduce the likelihood of water main breaks.
Motorists are advised to use alternate routes during construction hours, if possible, and to allow for additional travel time. Drivers that must travel through the work area are asked to please abide by posted traffic signs.