Resident’s quick thinking helped in Kaimuki house fire

Wela Street, Kaimuki

Fire officials say a resident’s quick thinking helped prevent a house fire in Kaimuki from becoming much worse.

The alarm came in just after 10 a.m. Thursday to a single-story home on Wela Street.

Fire officials say four people were home at the time. All were able to escape without injury.

The fire was fully extinguished in less than half an hour.

According to fire officials, the fire originated in one of the bedrooms and was accidental in nature.

Officials say one of the residents was burning incense and when she saw the fire, she closed the door to the room as she evacuated.

Fire officials say that helped contain the fire to the bedroom, rather than spreading throughout the home.

Damage is estimated at $30,000.

American Red Cross volunteers have responded to assist the family.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s