University of Hawaii at Manoa Chancellor Robert Bley-Vroman has announced the formation of an eight-person search advisory committee to find and select a new athletics director.
Warren H. Haruki, President and CEO of Grove Farm Co. and Chairman and CEO of Maui Land and Pineapple Co., will chair the committee.
The posting for the job position will be up on Wednesday, Jan. 14.
Candidates will have about a month to submit their applications, with the committee to begin the process of reviewing the applicants in mid-February. Initial interviews will be held no later than early March.
A website will be live by the end of the day Wednesday, and will have periodic updates.
In addition to Haruki, the other committee members are:
- John Dean — Chairman and CEO, Central Pacific Bank
- David Ericson — Faculty Athletics Representative and Professor, College of Education, UH Manoa
- Elizabeth M. Ignacio, M.D. — IMUA Orthopedics, Sports and Health, LLC; Assistant Professor, Department of Surgery, UH John A. Burns School of Medicine; Surgical Director, Queen’s Center for Sports Medicine
- Marilyn Moniz-Kahoohanohano — Assistant Athletics Director, Intercollegiate Athletics, UH Manoa
- Amanda Paterson — Director of Compliance, Intercollegiate Athletics, UH Manoa
- Allen Uyeda — President and CEO, First Insurance Co. of Hawaii, Ltd. (Retired)
- Kelley Withy, M.D. — Professor, UH John A. Burns School of Medicine
Assisting the committee in an ex-officio capacity will be Michele Tom, the UH Manoa executive search coordinator.