Buca di Beppo restaurant reopens after gas leak

Auahi Street

A popular Ward restaurant was back open for lunch Thursday.

A gas leak shut down Buca di Beppo Italian restaurant Wednesday night.

Officials say the leak started a small fire in the kitchen just after 6 p.m.

The staff extinguished the fire and the restaurant was evacuated.

Firefighters briefly shut down gas service as a precaution, which also affected Dave & Buster’s on the second floor. It reopened before 7:30 p.m.

Hawaii Gas crews fixed the pipe and ensured the restaurant was able to open for business.

No one was hurt.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s