Mokulele Airlines announced Friday that, “due to overwhelming demand,” they will extend their standby fare indefinitely at a rate starting at $35 per segment.
Mokulele will continue to post flight availability daily on Twitter. To take advantage of the $35 per segment fare, flyers need to arrive at the check-in counter 30 minutes before the scheduled departure time at Honolulu International Airport and 15 minutes before departure at all other airports.
The airlines has a 11-airplane fleet and operates daily flights from nine airports, including Honolulu and Barbers Point airports on Oahu, Kapalua, Kahului and Hana airports on Maui, Kona and Kamuela on the Big Island, Ho‘olehua and Kalaupapa airports on Moloka‘i.
The fine print as provided by Mokulele Airlines:
- The Twitter Standby Fare does not guarantee round trip availability for same promotional fare. Customer is subject to current fares available in the event a standby fare is not available.
- Must arrive within 2 hours prior to departure to be listed for desired flight according to arrival status. Passenger will be confirmed no later than 15 minutes prior to departure. (30 minutes prior to departure if HNL)
- Standby Fare is subject to availability and not guaranteed.
- Standby Fare is limited to promoted daily flights ONLY.
- Standby boarding based on a first come, first served basis based on seat availability.
- Baggage and other service fees will apply and must be paid upon check-in.
- Standby Fare is ineligible for any applicable benefits customarily provided to full revenue passengers including, but not limited to “denied boarding compensation.”
- Passengers holding an existing reservation within 24 hours or carrying a confirmed ticket are not eligible for the standby fare.
- In the event that the flight is open passenger is booked all the way through, said passenger will at that point be booked as a confirmed passenger to their final destination. Agents, please do not board passenger without verifying next leg is available.
- In that event, customer must be made aware of future flight status and availability.