The University of Hawaii football team began fall camp Wednesday at Joseph Platt Cooke Field, marking the start of the fourth season under head coach Norm Chow.
The Rainbow Warriors begin their preparation to meet Colorado in the season opener, slated for Thursday, Sept. 3, at Hawaiian Airlines Field at Aloha Stadium.
The ‘Bows started practice with a traditional Hawaiian blessing to bring health and good luck to the team, which welcomes back 16 starters and 45 lettermen from a season ago, including Phil Steele’s preseason first-team all-MW quarterback Max Wittek and offensive lineman Ben Clarke.
On offense, the ‘Bows also return their top two receivers in Marcus Kemp and Quinton Pedroza along with 2013 starter Vasquez Haynes, who sat out last season due to injury. Leading returning rusher Steven Lakalaka also returns as well as 2014 starting quarterback Ikaika Woolsey.
Defensively, a solid group returns headlined by defensive lineman Kennedy Tulimasealii, defensive backs Ne’Quan Phillips and Trayvon Henderson, and linebackers Simon Poti, Lance Williams, and Jerrol Garcia-Williams.
Practices will be held Aug. 5-22 and are open to the general public with the exception of two practices (Aug. 14 and 20) at Aloha Stadium.
Visitors to practice will not be permitted to take pictures or video during practice, including on mobile devices.
All practices are held at UH on Cooke Field (grass field above the soccer field) or Clarence T.C. Ching Field, unless otherwise noted.
2015 University of Hawaii Fall Football Camp Practice Schedule:
- Wednesday, Aug. 5: 2:15 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 6: 2:15 p.m.
- Friday, Aug. 7: 2:15 p.m.
- Saturday, Aug. 8: 2:15 p.m.
- Sunday, Aug. 9: OFF
- Monday, Aug. 10: 2:15 p.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 11: 2:15 p.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 12: 2:15 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 13: 2:15 p.m.
- Friday, Aug. 14: 2:15 p.m. (Aloha Stadium – CLOSED)
- Saturday, Aug. 15: 10:15 a.m. and 4:50 p.m.
- Sunday, Aug. 16: OFF
- Monday, Aug. 17: 2:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 18: 10:15 a.m. and 4:50 p.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 19: 2:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 20: 10:15 a.m. (UH) and 4:50 p.m. (Aloha Stadium – CLOSED)
- Friday, Aug. 21: 2:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Aug. 22: 10:15 a.m. and 4:50 p.m.
- Sunday, Aug. 23: OFF