Ask HPD: Making a report via social media

Question: This week’s question is regarding reporting incidents via HPD’s social media sites.

Answer: The Honolulu Police Department is not able to generate reports via our social media sites.

If you need to initiate a report, please call 911 and an officer will be sent to your location to assist you.

The social media sites are not monitored 24 hours a day and if you are reporting something that is happening in progress, you need to call 911 for police service.

If you have a question or complaint about police service, call 911 and ask to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor will be able to address your questions or concerns immediately.

Complaints initiated via social media will take longer to address because it will need to be forwarded to the proper division for a response.

Patrol type questions, comments, or concerns can be sent directly to the responsible district via their district page.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s