The City and County of Honolulu’s Ocean Safety and Lifeguard Services Division is holding tryouts for part-time or contract employees.
Tryouts will take place Aug. 21 and 22 at Ala Moana Beach Park behind lifeguard tower 1B.
Tryouts start promptly at 8 a.m., no exceptions.
- Have a current driver’s license
- Have a high school diploma, GED, or proof of completion of high school
- Proof of previous completion of an American Red Cross Lifeguard Training Class
- Proof of previous completion of a basic first aid class
- Proof of previous completion of American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer Class or American Heart Association BLS Healthcare Provider Class
Applicants must also execute the following in the allotted times:
- 1,000 yard run and 1,000 yard swim – Under 25 minutes
- 400 yard rescue board paddle – Under 4 minutes
- Run-swim-run 100 yards each length – Under 3 minutes