If you have our KHON2 News app on your Apple device, you may have been wondering why the alert counts haven’t been clearing.
It was caused by a bug in the previous update when we introduced a feature to keep a list of alerts in the Notification Center. The idea was to allow people to see past alerts and go back to those stories.
The problem is that iOS didn’t allow both the alert count/clearing and past alerts in the Notification Center to work together.
We quickly addressed the problem by removing the Notification Center feature. However, because all apps are vetted by Apple before distribution, it took a few days to be released to the public.
On Tuesday, it passed Apple’s screening and became available for you to download.
We have not given up on the functionality, and have added it to our future feature list for more research.
What’s New in Version 5.9.2
- Badge alerts now clear upon opening the app
- You can see the notification status in Settings
- Push notifications can now go to pages other than articles
- Many more options to share articles by using the native iOS interface
- Articles will refresh with latest details by swiping left or right
- Images and captions in article body are resized to better fit the screen
- New interactive radar with increased accuracy and more layer options
- Improved error handling to avoid crashes
- Dozens of bug fixes
KHON2.com is available as a free app for your iPhone, iPad, iPod and Android devices. Click one of the links below to download, or search KHON2.com from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store to download the app.