Several lane closures will be in place beginning at 7 p.m. Thursday to accommodate repair work to an 18-inch sewer line under Kamehameha Highway.
The line belongs to the U.S. Navy, and officials say all leaked sewage has been contained. There is no impact to residents other than traffic.
- Kamehameha Highway from Center Drive to Radford Drive – all westbound lanes closed to vehicles and bicycles.
- Through traffic will be diverted via right turn onto Center Drive and left turn onto Radford Drive.
- The westbound bus stop on Kamehameha Hwy and Center Drive will be temporarily closed.
- H-1 Freeway (Exit 15A) Westbound to Kamehameha Highway/Center Drive intersection – single lane closed.
- Nimitz Highway westbound ramp onto Kamehameha Hwy – single lane closed.
Special duty HPD officers will be on site to assist and direct traffic.
Work is expected to be completed by Friday morning.