It is all about cooking healthy, fast and delicious dishes! In today’s “Healthy and Delicious with Down to Earth” we show you how to spruce up your breakfast using tofu as a main ingredient. We’re making Tofu Scramble Breakfast Burritos! You can add sautéed onions, garlic, avocado, salsa, hot sauce, or even ketchup. This is something your whole family will enjoy!
Deluxe Tofu Scramble:
- 3 Tablespoons safflower oil
- ¼ cup diced shallots
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 jalapeño, deseeded and diced
- ¼ cup diced red pepper
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 (9-ounce) package Field Roast® breakfast sausage, cut in ¼” thick-rounds
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 Tablespoons Braggs® Aminos
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 (14-ounce) package firm tofu, crumbled
- Heat oil in a large skillet until hot. Add shallots, tomatoes, jalapeño, red pepper, and mushrooms and cook until caramelized.
- Add Field Roast® breakfast sausage and cook until browned.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until well combined. Lower heat and let flavors simmer for 15 minutes.
Serve warm and enjoy!
Yields: 4 servings