Firefighters put out two-alarm fire at Chaminade University

Honolulu firefighters put out a two-alarm fire at the Chaminade University.

The incident was reported just before 2 a.m. Monday at 3140 Waialae Avenue.

Officials say when firefighters arrived on the scene, smoke and flames were found emanating from the vent system of a ceramic kiln located in a one-story structure attached to the fine arts building.The fire was under control within 15 minutes.

One faculty member was in the building at the time of the fire and was able to evacuate. No injuries are reported.

The cause of the fire was determined to be a malfunction of the ventilation system. Chaminade officials will evaluate the extent of the damage if any to the kiln.  No word yet on a damage estimate of the structure.

No word yet if any classes will be cancelled. Stay with KHON2 for the latest updates.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s